2017 budget: ‘public trust will ensure sustainability’

0
294

A former President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Chief John .K. Randle has said the 2017 appropriation bill which is currently before the country’s lawmakers requires public trust if it is to fly.

Randle who made this known in a statement, said there was need for co-operation and understanding between President Muhammadu Buhari, the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele and the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun.

He also argued that in the last two or three decades, the country had veered off from the ideal of 60:40, whereby 60 per cent of our revenue would be consumed by recurrent expenditure leaving a healthy balance of 40 per cent for capital expenditure.

According to him, “whichever way we lean, we must admit that the budget would require political tailwind if it is to fly. An essential ingredient of the tailwind is public trust.”

- Advertisement -First Bank mobile money